Project Proposal

Aameera Hasan

MULTIMEDIA WEBSITE PROJECT PROPOSAL

T00679316

JOUR2060_03

Part 1: Defining The Project

1. Introduction

The basic topic of my multimedia project is providing updates about day-to-day happenings in the surrounding and to keep updated with new technological facts, sport updates and give some real-life experiences.  The news industry tries to cover the daily updates either by interviewing people live or by taking the stories and letting the world get aware about what is going on. I am mainly focusing on providing some real-life experiences, providing updates and blogging website where basically people can speak or raise an issue.

The scope of the topic will be broader as a lot of people wants to know and develop a habit of reading daily updates which helps and keep them updated about the things happening in the world. It will basically cover everything related sports, entertainment, gaming, politics and technology. There will be interviews taking place which will be either live or recorded. Daily updates and live news will be covered. What will not be covered news on film industry, and maybe the story telling won’t be live. As this is a local news website so most of the news which will be covered would be local with some general news which is going in the world.

1. Rationale

Choosing this topic is important because every persons wants to know what is going in the surrounding and will bring awareness among the people mostly youths about the current affairs. There are lots of publications which provide irrelevant and clickbait content misleads the majority into false news and beliefs. The importance of this topic will reflect on itself on itself as it will cause a great impact on the positive development of the mentality of the reader. Articles will be written in the normal language so that it will be used and understood by even a 6th grade child so the vocabulary would be easy and understood by everyone.

1. Core angles/ questions relevant to the topic

A:

1. What are the latest news and updates with respect to our mentioned categories?
  2. What are the latest trends in stock markets, mutual & index funds, crypto currencies etc?
  3. Who all are most likely to bring a revolution in politics for social welfare?
  4. What are the social threats by analyzing the ongoing factors and predicting the risk?
  5. What kind of changes Total Digitalization can bring in the world?
  6. All kinds of fraud, crime, public prosecution will be covered thoroughly
  7. What are the public demands and opinions for the better supply chain of news in their daily routine?

B:

Story ideas showing what is going on in the current market and facts about them, people talking about their experiences, the way people feel when certain incidents take place and how does it affect the country as well as every individual life. I am mostly going to focus on angles such as experiences and state facts about the trending news such as technology and sports. Give information about trending stocks and political updates.

4. Media Outline

A:

I am going to share real life stories about the people and what they suffered in the 26/11/2008 in the attack that took place in Mumbai, India. Also, I am going to share some information about what people think about the difference between an iOS user or an android user as an technological updates..

B:

I am going to have an audio interview with one of the entrepreneur student who started the business in Kamloops and how did it grow. The reason why will it be as an important audio interview as I am focusing people of mid age and mid age is an appropriate time when people need motivation as well as good ideas to start something on their own and this is how I will try to grab the attention of my viewers and help them gain some knowledge. So the website will be kind of informative as well will allow users to ask questions in their blog.

C:

An investigate video would be about how international students at TRU feel. What are their expectations and are they met? How does they feel far from home in this university? This would give an idea or knowledge about the university for the students who will be planning to come TRU. Curious students and parents will feel helpful from this website and can ask questions in blog.

This is the way I tried to design my website where I can provide updates, experiences and be helpful for people who wants to gain knowledge about certain things. Expressing the way people feel and providing them a place where they can raise their voices or concerns helps them to clarify their doubts, that is the reason I tried to keep an open blog.